Sunday, March 11, 2012
Five Ways to Make the Most of Extra Daylight
1) Share the hour – Gather up friends and family and head out for an evening hike at a local park. Outdoor exercise is a great way to destress and unwind after a long day at work or school. To find nearby places where you can experience nature, search Nature Find.
2) Capture the moment – While you’re outside, why not try your hand at photography? Whether capturing the antics of backyard critters or your own kids’ smiles, you will gain a new perspective when you take the time to admire them through a camera lens.
3) Surround yourself with beauty – Create a haven for colorful butterflies and sweet sounding birds by providing food, water, cover and a place for them to raise their young. Not only will you help wildlife, but your garden will qualify to become an official Certified Wildlife Habitat® site.
4) Enjoy the nightlife – And, when the sun sets, the outdoor fun doesn’t have to stop! A fascinating array of nocturnal visitors including owls, bats and insects come out at night. You can even set up camp for a backyard adventure your kids will love.
5) Simply relax – Find your happy outdoor place and take some quality time to soak in the sights, sounds and smells that nature has to offer. You will emerge from the experience relaxed and refreshed!