According to the experts at the ASPCA, the long-held belief that poinsettia plants are deadly to family pets and cats in particular, is the story of legends. The primary concern with the plant is that it could upset your pet’s stomach rather than cause your pet to keel over unexpectedly. Like many plants that are not meant to be edible, if a pet ingests a poinsettia plant it may experience gastrointestinal problems including vomiting and diarrhea. As a result, it is still advisable to keep the plant out of reach of sniffing noses, curious paws and hungry pets.
Cats particularly like shiny, sparkly things and crinkly paper, two items that are plentiful at Christmas. Other items that might cause a upset tummy to your kitty are artificial snow spray, Tinsel , Mistletoe and Holly.
So when you are decorating your home this Xmas, spare a thought for your nosey kitty cat and make sure they will be safe.