SNN (ScrollingNetworkNews) ✿ ✿ Our Mel and Sydney returned to their nesting box with plenty of bonding occurring..but after 2.5 months of Sydney in the box from Dec 2013 to mid Feb 2014, the lack of prey gifts from Mel ( perhaps due to the severe and historic drought underway in California)and they have forgone the nesting process this year as many other raptors ✿ Compared to other owls of similar size, the Barn Owl has a much higher metabolic rate, requiring relatively more food. Pound for pound, Barn Owls consume more rodents – often regarded as pests by humans – than possibly any other creature. ✿ We remind viewers that sometimes owlets may not survive - the parents will dispose of things in "The Owl Way" -viewer discretion is advised, this is nature and the "Owl way". ✿ ~ ✿ “Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” ― Gary Kowalski, The Souls of Animals ✿ Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius." ~ E.O. Wilson

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dear M&S... ♥

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The blog wanted to share a very sweet and heartfelt letter we received from one of our loyal viewers and chatters Bareye (with her permission
I hope you enjoy it like I did.

Dear Mel & Syd, 
Just writing to let you know how much I miss you both.  I miss the comfort of your affection for each other.  You have opened my world, every day the window of my world grows larger and you have been an important part of it.
 It is a wonderful gift peeking into your life and watching the joy that you bring to others.  
If you only knew!
My nephew in Round Rock Texas brought your site to school and after his teacher previewed it, the next thing we know the whole class is watching the inner sanctum of your world.

Thank you Kanga for all the work you went to, it has been a real joy in my life to watch  my first owl family laying eggs, setting on the eggs, the hatching of each egg,  watching the love and joy that each of these owlets shared with each other.  How faithful Mel was in keeping the pantry full and loving Syd all this time.  The antics of the owlets left  me almost rolling on the floor at times. How they crank their heads (I musn't say cock their little heads, the Enfowlcer gets upset)  Dinky dancing, my amazement watching the owlets fledging and leaping from one end of the roof to the other and then discovering they could fly straight up off the roof.

What a great summer this has been, the best entertainment ever.  I am asking for an owl box for Christmas with a cam that I can hook up to my TV. 
22 pounds of HORK!  I still haven't gotten over that. 
Any hoooo just wanted you both to know that you are missed and I think of you both often and go back and watch the video's I downloaded.
I will pray for rain, green grasses and lots of rodents so you can start a new clutch.
With my warmest regards,
Bareye
Can someone please hand me a tissue!